Seanne Turner is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means I determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to you and your child is to be processed.
What information do I collect about you?
I collect information about you when you register with us or book a place on to one of our courses or events. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies. Read our Cookies Policy here.
When booking on to a course, the categories of information that we collect, and hold include the following;
- Personal information – e.g. names, contact numbers and addresses
- Relevant medical information
- Attendance information
- Assessment information – our teachers record the progress of each participant and the award history is saved on the booking.
- Basic payment information – payment amounts, and date of payments are recorded on the booking. No card or bank account information is stored by us.
How information about you will be used?
- To be able to provide our service to you.
- To inform you of any changes to the service we provide. Such as a change of teacher, a cancelled lesson etc. We will deliver information on these changes by email, through the closed Facebook group. This is to ensure you get the message as soon as possible.
- for us to be able to identify you when you contact us, or we contact you.
- medical information for health and safety of the participant in sessions.
To add value to your experience with My Little Swim Stars, we may often run competitions, events, or send newsletters out to keep you informed of everything we feel you would want to know.
We sometimes use your personal data to create a profile of the kind of people we feel would benefit from our service. We do this, so we can ensure that our social media ads are reaching relevant people, who like yourself, may have an interest in our business. It’s important to us that we only promote relevant ads to an online audience. It is not stored anywhere or shared with any third party.
Dbparish accountants and tax advisors.
Venues: only number of people using the service, class day and pool booking time are passed on to the venue you attend. This will only be for the purpose for you to gain entry at the venue.
Teachers/coaches delivering your child’s session will receive registers for their classes. Medical information is passed to teachers verbally on a ‘need to know’ basis.
In the event of legal cases information may need to be shared.
How long will data be stored for?
In accordance with the GDPR, we do not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Booking information including participant’s name, class information and any accidents are kept for a maximum of 7 years for financial purposes. In the event of accidents information is required to be kept until that person reaches the age of 21, this is to comply with Health & Safety regulations.
What are your rights?
Account holders and participants have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about how My little swim stars use your personal data.
- Request access to the personal data that my little swim stars hold.
- Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
- Object to your personal data being processed.
Data Protection Officer
For any/all enquiries relating to this policy or any data privacy practices carried out by any third parties please contact our appointed Data Protection Officer, which is Seanne Turner. Their contact details are;
telephone number; 07972863024,
address; 18 Sinodun road, Didcot, Oxon Ox11 8hn